Welcome to Preshute School
We aim to provide memorable, pertinent learning experiences that are engaging and whet the appetite for further learning, which are enriching, purposeful and challenging helping to accelerate pupil progress and attainment.
Based on the values of love, compassion, kindness, openness and respect, our Christian principles underpin all that we do at Preshute Primary School. Our children are delightful and our community flourishes on the mutual respect we have for each other.
Please take some time to look at the myriad of activities and learning opportunities that our school offers.
Calendar of Events and Clubs
Term Dates for September 2018-July 2019
Click here for the term dates for the 2018-2019 academic year. Please note that Monday 3 September is a TD day at Preshute Primary School and so the first day back at school for the new term will be Tuesday 4 September 2018.
Clubs for September 2018-July 2019
Click here for the clubs timetable (so far) for the 2018-19 academic year.
Swimming Programme - Juniors - Autumn Term 2018
Click here for a copy of the letter sent at the end of last term (via email and ParentMail) about the Junior's Swimming Programme. As Year 5 and Year 6 will be starting their swimming lessons on the Monday of the second week back (10th September), please can we ask for your consent/responses to be returned by Tuesday 4 September?
Sue Brady Lunches
Sue Brady has asked the school to let parents know that the
advanced seasonal menus which went live for ordering on their website on 6 July will close at 9am on Friday 24 August. Please also note that the normal fortnightly orders for
September went live on Friday 20 July and will close again on Friday
31 August at 9am.
P.E. sessions for 2018-19 academic year
The children’s P.E. sessions are as follows:
- Reception - Monday and Tuesday
- Year 1 - Monday and Wednesday
- Year 2 - Monday and Wednesday
- Year 3 - Tuesday and Thursday (note: when swimming starts, this will replace the Thursday P.E. session)
- Year 4 - Tuesday and Thursday (note: when swimming starts, this will replace the Thursday P.E. session)
- Year 5 - Friday (and Wednesday after swimming stops)
- Year 6 - Friday (and Tuesday after swimming stops)
Preshute Primary School in the News
Marlborough in Bloom Art Competition - Prizes for Preshute Pupils
Click here to read about the surprise visit by the Mayor to present prizes to the winners of the 2018 Marlborough in Bloom art competition.
News Archive 2017-18
- Fitness Drive: Click here to read about our recent Sports Week and the health benefits of the pupils' Daily Mile.
- Helping the environment with our new Rain Garden: Read about the lovely new rain garden we have created with Action for the River Kennet to help reduce air pollution and protect the River Kennet: Gazette and Herald article; Marlborough News article
- Preshute Nativity Rocks 'n' Rolls: Click here to read the report from Marlborough News on the school's 2017 nativity service at the Marlborough College chapel.
- GB Paralympian leads Preshute pupils in fitness circuit: On 3 November 2017 Preshute pupils received a visit from GB Paralympic sprinter Katrina Hart. Click here to read about the pupils' sponsored fun fitness class with Katrina, their "spotty dog" exercises and "grass hoppers"!
- New books galore!: We were delighted to invite the Marlborough Mayor, Cllr Mervyn Hall, to officially open our newly revamped library. Local author, Debi Evans and her dog, Rolo, also attended the official cutting of the ribbon! Click here to read more.
- LitFest Flashmob: Our Year 2 pupils, together with pupils from seven other local primary schools, took part in a LitFest Flashmob dance in Marlborough High Street to mark the beginning of the annual the Marlborough Literature Festival on 28 September 2017.
- A special service to welcome our Reception 'Buddies': Year 6 and their Year R Buddies took part in a special service at St George's Church. Click here to learn more about Preshute's special buddy system and the welcome service they held in September.