Welcome to Preshute School
We aim to provide memorable, pertinent learning experiences that are engaging and whet the appetite for further learning, which are enriching, purposeful and challenging helping to accelerate pupil progress and attainment.
Based on the values of love, compassion, kindness, openness and respect, our Christian principles underpin all that we do at Preshute Primary School. Our children are delightful and our community flourishes on the mutual respect we have for each other.
Please take some time to look at the myriad of activities and learning opportunities that our school offers.
Term Dates for September 2018-July 2019
Click here for the term dates for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Calendar of Events
Calendar of Events - Term 3 - click here
Calendar of Events - Term 4 - click here
Clubs Terms 3 and 4
ALL CLUBS HAVE RESTRICTED NUMBERS, SO WILL BE ALLOCATED ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS.
Click here for clubs permission slip.
Tennis (Y5 & 6) 3.15 - 4.15pm run by Joe Revelle, Marlborough Tennis Club (up to Easter 14/1 to 1/4 – 11 weeks) £38.50
Choir (Y2 – 6) 3.15 – 4pm run by ACTs (up to Easter 14/1 to 1/4) £33
French (YR) 3.00 to 3.20pm run by Saleha Pinhorn – see separate letter
Football (Y4,5 &6) 3.15 – 4.15pm run by Swindon Town FC (up to Easter 15/1- 2/4)
Sewing (Y3 to Y6) run by Mrs Connor at lunchtime (6 weeks 29/1 to 12/3) £30
French (Y1,2&3) 3.15 - 3.45pm run by Saleha Pinhorn – see separate letter
Dance Festival Club (Y5-6) 3.15 – 4.15pm run by Cheryl Heuston starts 14/1. Must be available for Dance Festival on Sat 16th March.
Multi-Skills (Y1 & 2) 3.15 – 4.15pm run by Innov8 (up to Easter – 16/1 to 3/4) £49
Art Club (YR, 1 & 2) 3.15 – 4.15pm run by Mrs Connor. Starting in March - date TBC £44
French (Y4 & 5) 3.15 - 4.00pm run by Saleha Pinhorn – see separate letter
French (Y6) 3.15 - 4.15pm run by Saleha Pinhorn – see separate letter
We are hoping to secure another club for Thursday....
Football (Y1, 2 & 3) 3.15 – 4.15pm run by Swindon Town FC (up to Easter 18/1- 5/4)
Further updates on clubs, availability and payments will be sent to parents via ParentMail
P.E. sessions for 2018-19 academic year
The children’s P.E. sessions from January 2019 are as follows:
- Reception - Monday and Tuesday
- Year 1 - Monday and Friday
- Year 2 - Monday and Friday
- Year 3 - Monday and Thursday
- Year 4 - Monday and Thursday
- Year 5 - Tuesday and Wednesday
- Year 6 - Tuesday and Wednesday
Preshute Primary School in the News
Marlborough in Bloom Art Competition - Prizes for Preshute Pupils
Click here to read about the surprise visit by the Mayor to present prizes to the winners of the 2018 Marlborough in Bloom art competition.
News Archive 2017-18
- Fitness Drive: Click here to read about our recent Sports Week and the health benefits of the pupils' Daily Mile.
- Helping the environment with our new Rain Garden: Read about the lovely new rain garden we have created with Action for the River Kennet to help reduce air pollution and protect the River Kennet: Gazette and Herald article; Marlborough News article
- Preshute Nativity Rocks 'n' Rolls: Click here to read the report from Marlborough News on the school's 2017 nativity service at the Marlborough College chapel.
- GB Paralympian leads Preshute pupils in fitness circuit: On 3 November 2017 Preshute pupils received a visit from GB Paralympic sprinter Katrina Hart. Click here to read about the pupils' sponsored fun fitness class with Katrina, their "spotty dog" exercises and "grass hoppers"!
- New books galore!: We were delighted to invite the Marlborough Mayor, Cllr Mervyn Hall, to officially open our newly revamped library. Local author, Debi Evans and her dog, Rolo, also attended the official cutting of the ribbon! Click here to read more.
- LitFest Flashmob: Our Year 2 pupils, together with pupils from seven other local primary schools, took part in a LitFest Flashmob dance in Marlborough High Street to mark the beginning of the annual the Marlborough Literature Festival on 28 September 2017.
- A special service to welcome our Reception 'Buddies': Year 6 and their Year R Buddies took part in a special service at St George's Church. Click here to learn more about Preshute's special buddy system and the welcome service they held in September.